Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wedding ABC’s: Part 1

David and I are celebrating our first wedding anniversary on Sunday! It’s hard to believe it’s already been almost a year – Time has FLOWN by! I plan to finish my recaps (I only have one more!) before our actual anniversary on Sunday, but I’m posting this on my newlywed blog so I thought it’d be fun to post here too! I know most of you have probably seen these pictures and read posts on a lot of these topics, but it’s a fun little recap of the major details! My posts this week will be focused on our wedding and first year of marriage, so I’ll probably be double posting most of them. If you’re not following me over there yet, please do – I miss some of my Lucky in Love readers, and I post there much more frequently!

I know several different blogs have taken part in the wedding ABC’s posts, and I just love them. But, I’m going to split my post into two parts like Tara did since I’m a bit wordy and I like to include lots of details! Here we go.

Attending:

I think we had about 250-275 guests! We started dating our freshman year of high school, so we had lots of mutual friends and families from high school along with our own families, friends from childhood, and friends from college.

FRIEDBERG_-1570

Bridesmaids:

I had a matron of honor (my sister), a maid of honor (my best friend), three bridesmaids, and a junior bridesmaid.

FRIEDBERG_-1217

FRIEDBERG_-1224

Cakes:

Our main cake was made by Cakes by Carrie, and the groom’s cake was made by Cheri’s Bakery and incorporated David’s love of the KU Jayhawks and reffing soccer!

FRIEDBERG_-1753

FRIEDBERG_-1744

Dress:

My dress was from David’s Bridal and I just loved it!

FRIEDBERG_-1057

FRIEDBERG_-1203

FRIEDBERG_-1180-cropped

Engagement:

We were engaged for just over 15 months, which was nice since I was living 2 hours away and finishing my undergrad for 14 of those months. It seriously flew by!

IMG_6434BWG

Flowers:

All of our flowers were completely DIY! It was our biggest project, and I definitely couldn’t have done it without the help of my mom, SILs, and MIL. I LOVED how they all turned out, and have since done the flowers for a friend’s wedding!

FRIEDBERG_-1499

FRIEDBERG_-1669

FRIEDBERG_-1353

Groomsmen:

David had two best men (both of his brothers), three groomsmen, and a junior groomsman.

FRIEDBERG_-1106

FRIEDBERG_-1300

Honeymoon:

We honeymooned at The Royal Cancun and absolutely LOVED it! We can’t wait to go back!

DSCN4649

DSCN4565

DSCN4500

Invitations:

Our invitations were DIY too, from kits I actually found at TJ Maxx! I was so happy with how they turned out!

DSCN3913

FRIEDBERG_-1037

Justice of the Peace:

Our pastor was the father of one of my good friend’s from high school, and also someone who had known both David and I since we started dating. He did such a great job!

FRIEDBERG_-1592

Keepsakes:

We have too many to count with all of the little details I made. Our main one would be our framed engagement picture with the photo mat that we had every sign instead of a guestbook. It’s on display in our dining room!

DSCN5474

Ladies Night:

My bachelorette party/weekend was so much fun! My MOH did a fantastic job of planning it!

DSCN4233

RSCN4239

DSCN4254

Bachelorette3

Part 2 with letters M-Z will be posted Thursday! :)

5 comments:

  1. Love all your recaps, etc. Laura! You gave me so much inspiration for my wedding and I know you have for others as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your flowers and invitations! Such a pretty wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I plan on doing this soon. Your cake is beautiful! I can't believe those flowers were DIY! They are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a matron (my sis) and maid (my bff) for my wedding too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I'll have to do this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...