Monday, April 26, 2010

Different Way of Doing Things

Since David is in Kansas City for work for the next three weeks, we'll get to see each other a lot more than normal. This is definitely a plus, but I have a to-do list about a mile long for both school and wedding related stuff, so I've come up with a new way of doing things. It looks a little like this:

Photobucket

Basically I bring all of my wedding/school crap over to his hotel and work on it while he finishes up his work for the day. I'm still getting stuff done and we get to spend time together. Convenient? Not really. But whatever works, right?

And yes, those are our invitations in the picture - I've been working on them so hopefully I'll get to reveal them to you within the next couple days! Although that would be a few days ahead of the deadline I gave myself of getting them out by May 1st and I rarely finish things things more than a few hours before they're due, I can dream! I really do love them, even if they've taken an insane amount of time to print/trim/assemble. They're exactly what I wanted and we came in under budget!

Have you had to improvise to get your wedding (or other) projects done?

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the invites! I'm sure they will be stunning! Ah, your lucky guests!

    Good luck with all the planning!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great you can spend time with him and still get things done, multitasking is always good!

    I haven't done too much planning yet, but we're starting next month so things are about to get busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so cute! It's getting closer to the big day! I hope you enjoy extra and I'm sure much needed time together! Can't wait to see how gorgeous your invitations are!! :)

    PS- Officially following!! Wooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. not too much improv...just a lot of sneaking projects in between us time...the other day I made fabric flowers while we watched a movie together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...