Tuesday, April 13, 2010

We've Reached a Decision

Well, it was actually more me, but ceremony music hasn't been one of the things David is too interested in. While my mom was here over the weekend we went through my song choices and I decided on almost all of the ceremony music (with the exception of the recessional). It's such a relief to have it done! I can hopefully start working on designing our programs now that it's finished.

We'll have music playing for about 30 minutes before the ceremony starts and we'll have a few of our songs in our slideshow, but I've already blogged about the majority of those.

For the seating of my grandparents (unfortunately David's have all passed away) and our relatives we'll play 'Canon in D'. I've always loved it, and I really wanted the song for our family to be something familiar that they'd recognize. 



For the seating of our parents and our moms' lighting of the unity candle, we'll be playing 'Love Never Fails' by Brandon Heath:

 

And then the bridal party (and me at the end!) will enter to 'Kisses and Cake' by John Powell:

Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA

Right after our vows we'll light the unity candle, so I thought 'When I Say I Do' by Matthew West would be perfect here. The lyrics fit so well:

 

And as we (possibly) take communion and when we give the roses to our moms, our friends will sing 'The Luckiest':

 
The only thing left to figure out is the recessional, and I just can't decide on anything! I want something along the lines of 'Beautiful Day' by U2 or 'Love is Never Ending' by Brad Paisley - Both meaningful, beautiful songs. I'd just like it start out a little more upbeat. Anyone have any suggestions of songs that would fit the 'feel' of the other songs we've chosen??

How did you decide on your ceremony music? Was it a relief when it was chosen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...