Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Weekend Recap

We had a lazy 4th of July, but it was nice! It rained most of the weekend so unfortunately we spent most of our time inside, but we saw both sides of the family and got to enjoy each other's company for a few days. We got quite a bit done on the house as well, so that was a benefit of not being very busy. I can't wait to share our house with you guys - It's getting closer to feeling like home! :)


We took a family picture, but of course it was after church and lunch and being in and out of the rain. My hair is looking fabulous, but you've gotta love our red, white, and blue!


Paisley has gotten so big! And she has frizzy hair just like her momma.

I made two of my favorite recipes over the weekend and have to share them with you! I'm not usually very big on complicated recipes, so these are perfect, especially for taking to a party or get together. I make my fruit pizza every year, but this year I tried it with brownie as the crust (for David's family) and I made the original for my family. I didn't take pictures of them when they were still pretty, but this is similar to what it looks like:

source

I'm lazy and no one in either of our families particularly likes the pieces with only blueberries, so I scatter them both all over the fruit pizza. Here's what mine looked like at the end of the night:


It's so easy and SO good, either with brownie or sugar cookie crust! Here's the recipe:


I also made my faaavorite dip, a recipe I got from fabulous BM S! It's also super easy and was a huge hit with David's family yesterday. It literally takes all of about 5 minutes to throw together.



I didn't take any pictures yesterday, but we spent all afternoon with David's mom and siblings and played a bunch of games. I love hanging out with his older brother and his wife - I introduced her to Young House Love and we talked about house stuff. They celebrate their first wedding anniversary on Sunday! Love you both and wish a lifetime of happiness!

I've got lots of DIY details to share with you this week, so you have something more exciting than vendor reviews to look forward to! Hope everyone had a wonderful, relaxing, and fun weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Your pup is soooo cute!!! I can't wait to see how your house is shaping up. I love peeping into people's homes...I'm awkwardly voyeuristic like that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to make a flag cake that looked like that! Also your puppy is beyond adorable. SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't wait to see your house too! and lovvvve the pup and both of the recipes sound GOOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fruit pizza looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum! your fam pic is so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dog is adorable! I'm trying to talk Zach into getting a puppy but I think it's gonna have to wait till we're married and living in the same place. I'll definitely be trying out those recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...