Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Luckiest

I know I've mentioned a couple times that David and I are having 'The Luckiest' by Ben Folds sung during our ceremony. And I might have even mentioned that two of our good friends, Mikayla and Cooper, from high school will be the ones singing it. But I've got to give you guys more details than that - These two are incredible!

First and foremost, they're awesome people and great friends. 


They've also been playing together for years. Originally, it was for praise and worship in middle school, and then for praise and worship in high school.

Getting ready to play together on our senior trip

Now they play shows together whenever they're in the same city! Mikayla is actually in Nashville right now.

 
At a show last winter


And it doesn't hurt that they're both incredibly talented! Both are amazing guitarists, and Mikayla also plays the piano.

 

  

I can't find any recordings of Cooper's, but Mikayla has a myspace account with several of her songs that she wrote herself. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to embed any of the tracks here, so you'll have to follow the link to check her out, and then imagine her singing this song along with Cooper: 



I know it's going to be absolutely gorgeous, and I can't wait to share the recording of it with you when I do my recaps! It's wonderful having such talented friends that will be making our day even more special.

Are you incorporating any of your friends' special talents?

5 comments:

  1. That is so fun!! Josh's sister has a gorgeous voice and was in a band, but I know she'll be a wreck at the wedding so I didn't ask her to perform. You're so lucky to have such talented friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always LOVED that song!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are having my friend's mom play the violin when I walk down the aisle, my cousin wrote a song on the guitar for us (not sure when we are going to have him play it...maybe at the reception with the toasts) and 2 friends of ours sing! I am a sucker for music!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this song...so great. We are having my friend Charlie sing a song by Kutless called All of the Words during our ceremony. I blogged about it here:

    http://allconsumedbride.blogspot.com/2009/12/music-monday-6-ceremony-songs-my-friend.html

    He is also a friend of mine that I know through church and has his own album out on itunes. I love that I have talented friends to be able to include in our big day. Just makes it so much more intimate, personal and special :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...