Friday, August 14, 2009

I Feel Naked!

One day I was reading on a board on Weddingbee (surprise, surprise!) about white gold yellowing over time. So I looked at band of my ring, and noticed it was a little yellow. I took it off to look at the inside on the band, and I noticed a line through it. I looked at the outside again and found that the line went all the way around - My band basically had a tiny crack the whole way through! I texted David and he called me right away. I told him what happened and he said he really wanted to take it in before I went back to school (the next day). So we went to Powell, where we bought the ring, and showed them what happened. She said it wasn't too uncommon and that they would have it repaired and replated - so it wouldn't be yellow anymore either! Luckily, David bought the protection plan, so it didn't cost us anything. I'm sure it won't be the last time we use it! She said it would be about a week, but when we told her I would be leaving for school the next day, she said maybe they could get their repair person to get it done in a day so we can pick it up the morning I was leaving! They ended up getting it done in a day so I had it before I went back to school, but I felt so naked without it!

I just love the people there. They go out of their way to be friendly and accommodating. While one woman was looking at my ring, the other one was having me try on a 2 ct diamond just for fun! Ha! All of the women there are such sweethearts and I'd recommend them to anyone.




Have you had something similar happen? Did your finger feel naked for a few days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...