Tuesday, September 21, 2010

You Make My Dreams Come True: The Recessional

Sorry to leave you guys hanging! Like I said, this is one of my favorite parts of the entire day. I had looked and looked (with help from BM S!) for a fun recessional song that isn’t overplayed or inappropriate to play in a church. When I played the song I found for David his face lit up and he totally agreed that it was the one. 

(You may want to turn your volume up for the first part and then back down after our kiss – The talking is pretty quiet and the music is pretty loud. Sorry!)

We walked back down the aisle to ‘You Make My Dreams Come True’ by Hall and Oates, thus the name of my recaps! It’s upbeat, fun, and still has cute lyrics! We planned a kiss in the middle of the aisle, and thankfully you can see it on the video because our photographer didn’t catch it.

FRIEDBERG_-1639

FRIEDBERG_-1640

FRIEDBERG_-1641 

FRIEDBERG_-1645 

FRIEDBERG_-1648 

FRIEDBERG_-1649

Literally as we were lined up for the processional a couple members of the bridal party asked if they could dance back down the aisle. I’m all for dancing and having fun so I said of course! Some of them did, some of them didn’t, but it was so cute regardless!

FRIEDBERG_-1650 
FRIEDBERG_-1651 

FRIEDBERG_-1653 

FRIEDBERG_-1656

GM J took the dancing part seriously – I loved it!

FRIEDBERG_-1658 

FRIEDBERG_-1659 

FRIEDBERG_-1661

Then came our sweet flower girls racing/dancing back down the aisle. I had to include a video of this part too – I wish the quality was better, but you’ll just have to believe me that they were so stinking cute! You can see the younger one, A, dancing at the end.



FRIEDBERG_-1662

Next our parents and my grandparents were ushered back down the aisle.

FRIEDBERG_-1664 

FRIEDBERG_-1667 

FRIEDBERG_-1666

And that was it! Our ceremony that we had planned, personalized, and dreamed of for so long was really over.

*All pictures in this post were taken by Brandi Coldwell of Lola Jo Photo Design*  

Need to catch up?
We started on Thursday.
We decorated Friday morning.
The guys had their turn.
The girls stole the show
We got some fun bridal party pictures
We took care of the formal portraits.
We took pictures with the kiddos.
We spent time hanging out waiting for the ceremony to start.
The grandparents and parents were seated.
It was finally time for the processional.
A step back to the playing of the slideshow.
The ceremony started. (Part 1)
The ceremony continued. (Part 2)
The ceremony ended. (Part 3)

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love the pictures of everyone getting into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG LOVE THIS SONG!
    So glad you were able to mix in some fun, non traditional songs that totally fit you two :)
    Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the song! We didn't have a traditional song either when we walked back down the aisle. We had Signed, Sealed, Delivered by Stevie Wonder. Loved it! I love all of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! That's such a fun and unique idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Thanks for sharing! We walked out to You're My Best Friend by Queen. The guests loved it and from what I heard some of our bridal party had a great time recessing to it! I can't wait to see our video! Such a cute idea and I love both your expressions and the kiss! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a fun song, I love that choice (and it makes a pretty sweet recap name too!). And the accompanying pics are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, congratulations new Mr. & Mrs! P.S. I love the way your aisle decor turned out. It's SO romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO. I just now found all of your blogging... It's saf eto say I'm addicted. This is all so great! Everything looks amazing. I have a lot of catching up to do. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...