Sunday, May 16, 2010

Graduation Day

Today...

..I officially become a college graduate! 


...The University of Kansas becomes my alma mater.


...I join my dad, uncles, aunt, sister, and cousin as a KU alum.

My dad on his graduation day

...I will walk through the campanile where I got engaged for the first time! (Legends surrounding the campanile say that if you walk through it before graduation day you won't graduate on time and if you kiss someone under it, he/she will be the one you marry!)


...and then I'll walk down the hill with all of my family (and soon-to-be family) and friends there to support me!

source

It's a big day. And I'm pretty darn proud of myself. I completed my undergraduate degree in 3 years with a 3.8 GPA. I did something totally out of my comfort zone by coming up here without any of my friends or David and I succeeded. There were so many people (including a couple of our high school teachers) who said I'd never make it and would ask David when I was going to transfer back to Wichita State. And I'd just like to say, 'HA! I not only made it, but I did a DARN good job up here.'

KU has been really good for me. I learned a lot more independence and more about who I am as in individual by being up here. Being in a long distance relationship has helped David and I discover ourselves and has strengthened our committment the way nothing else could've. I've made lasting friendships and great memories. I worked my butt off and I feel like I accomplished something. I'll miss the gorgeous campus, the school pride up here, and my friends (particularly my roommate/BM S). I think my friend J said it perfectly:

"Thank you KU!! You have tested me, made me cry, taken away many hours of sleep, and even made me hate you at times. But, you have also given me some of my best friendships and most wonderful memories. Because of you I am a better person and I will always love you for that! Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!"

Congratulations to everyone else graduating this weekend! We made it!

10 comments:

  1. So super exciting...have a fabulous day and happy Graduation! You have lots of wonderful life change happening this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you and proud of you for sticking with it. It seems like you proved a ton of people wrong and that is just awesome. Have an amazing day and I hope your big move goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Congratulations :) What a great feeling...you should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulatons!!! What a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! Awesome job. I guess I can forgive you for being a Jayhawk (Mizzou alum here)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Congrats on graduating! So happy for you! I'm so sad though that I won't get to see you next year :(.

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on graduating! I just found your blog through weddingbee and I cant wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WE knew you'd make it, Sweetie! I am so proud of you for your exceptional accomplishments. Love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...