Friday, May 28, 2010

Ring Ching Ching

It took me entirely too long to come up with a title for this post that I hadn't already used. My creativity is slightly lacking lately! If you've been following my blog for some time now, you've seen several pictures of my ring and you saw a photoshopped version of what we intended for my ring to look like with my wedding bands. If you haven't, here's a refresher:


Well, long story short, it didn't end up that way. We purchased two matching bands and basically wanted them cut and souldered to the sides of my setting. The custom jeweler that we were working with made it sound like that would be no big deal, but I guess it ended up not being possible because the bands were thicker than the band on my engagement ring. He was going to have to set the wedding bands up a little higher, so he needed to space them further apart so it wouldn't be as noticeable. Basically, this is what we ended up with:



I wasn't able to go with David to pick it up, so when he sent me pictures from his phone of it I was a bit disappointed. It wasn't what I'd envisioned. I'd really wanted all of the bands to sit flush with each other.

But then I got home and tried it on. And all of my worries were gone.


I love how it looks on my finger! And more importantly, it will still mean I'm married to my best friend, whether there's space between the bands or not. I can't wait to wear it! But until June 12th, I'll be wearing this 'pretty' (that sometimes turns my finger a bit green):


Don't let the picture fool you, it's fake (like $12 fake) but it works to keep my finger from feeling naked and it will be nice to have on our honeymoon if we decide to go into Cancun to do any shopping or eating. I'm definitely looking forward to having my real ring back, though!

If you had your wedding bands custom made did they end up looking like what you'd imagined? If not, did it turn out better or worse than you expected?

PS - This weeked is a crazy one, last night I had my niece/goddaughter's kindergarten graduation

Here she is saying her name, her favorite Bible story (when Jesus was born), her favorite thing about kindergarten (reading books), and what she wants to do when she grows up ("buy things!" HA! My kind of girl!). She's getting so big!

and tomorrow and Sunday are my new niece and nephew's baptisms! 


On top of all that, David's bachelor party is this weekend. I'm hoping to get a lot done today before all of that starts so I have some projects to share with you next week, but we'll see if I get the posts written and scheduled! I can't believe how close we're getting - My best friend and MOH gets in town on Wednesday and will be here until the day after the wedding! I'm getting soo excited! Thanks for sticking with me through the lack of posting - You guys are the best! :)

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful ring! We have the same setting :) Great taste ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I weird, I think it looks better like that!!! It looks a lot like mine now.

    To help with your fake ring - nail polish. Put clear nail polish around the inside and it won't turn you green.

    Is your ring insured? If not, you can EASILY (and super cheaply) add it to your homeowner's insurance. I wore my ring on my honeymoon and felt comfortable doing so because we had insurance on it. I couldn't imagine NOT wearing it for our first week as husband and wife!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ring still looks beautiful. I don't have my wedding band yet, but I think I am going to have a hard time finding one to go with my e-ring because of the way the bottom of it is shaped. My e-ring kinda looks like your ring is now only mine is 2 bands tied into one not 3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous ring! Glad your finger doesn't have to feel naked! I have a vintage cheapo too! (for that same purpose)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, ladies!
    @kjpugs - It does look kind of similar to yours! I think it might look better this way too. Thanks for the tips! My ring is in the process of being added to our homeowner’s insurance, but I’d still be soo sad if it was lost or stolen. It just wouldn’t be the same to have it replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo it looks beautiful! Can't wait to see both of your rings together in 2 weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ring looks good! I haven't picked out a band yet, but I'm worried about finding one that fits beside my engagement ring too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ring is gorgeous! Wow! I had band(s) custom made as well and it, honestly, didn't quite come out the way I imagined when all was said an done. It's been three months since I've had it, though, and I'm getting more and more used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ring looks beautiful! Can't wait to see it in person in just 2 short weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love it, Laura!! Even though it's not what you expected (and trust me, I know how that goes) it's still gorgeous, unique, and *yours* forever :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...