Monday, January 3, 2011

You Make My Dreams Come True: The Toasts

I apologize again for my long absence – I can’t believe I only posted once during the month of December. Eek! I’m sure you can all relate to the holiday season being incredibly busy. If you’re ever interested in what I’m up to (besides procrastinating on finishing my recaps) be sure to check out my other blog! I’m usually pretty good about posting about what’s going on, and sometimes I’ll even throw in some house/decorating/DIY tutorial posts. :)

Anyway, back to the wedding! In the last post I mentioned the meal, but I realized I don’t have any pictures of our buffet line setup or the food itself, so I don’t have much to share. We used a small family owned caterer (the owners are actually related to my SIL) and couldn’t have been happier with them! You can read my vendor review here

As soon as we were finished eating we started with the toasts. I wish more than anything else that I had a videographer JUST so I could’ve had the toasts recorded. Both my matron of honor (my oldest sister) and my maid of honor (my best friend) and both of David’s best men (his brothers) prepared toasts and all four of them were SO sweet. Each of them had at least a line or two that made me cry.

My sister started off the toasts and talked about helping take care of me when I was young and the special connection we had. (In a family with 6 kids, you find ‘favorite’ siblings, and she was definitely my favorite sister.) She also said she couldn’t have chosen a better husband for me or a better younger brother – You can definitely tell at which part the last photo was taken.

file3563

file3562

file8644

file8642

My best friend was up next and talked about how it was all because of her that David and I started dating (she actually was the one who told him I had a huge crush – even though it was supposed to be a secret!). Her toast had the perfect balance of sweet and funny.

file3565

file8646

file8647

David’s younger brother wrote an incredible toast. He typed the whole thing out (we still need to get a copy) and said some of the NICEST things about both David and me. He started out by talking about how talented both of us are and then talked about our relationship and how he looks up to us and is inspired by our love for each other.

file3570

file8651
{I’m pretty sure this is when he was talking about how I can always beat him and David in a game of horse. :)}

file8653

file18767

And last, but certainly not least, was David’s older brother. He talked about how he and David had grown really close over the last few years since David lived with him and told us how proud of us he is.

file8640

file19719
{I only have the copy with a logo of this picture. :( }

After he was finished he asked all of our guests to stand and toast to a long and happy marriage – I loved that moment of the night!

file8636

file8637

After the toasts were finished David and I took a minute to thank all of our guests for coming and for their continual love and support. David did all of the talking and I did a lot of nodding and smiling – I absolutely hate public speaking. :)

With the toasts finished, we were ready to cut the cake! 

*All photos in this post were taken by Becky of Stamp of Life Photography*
 
Need to catch up?
We started on Thursday.
We decorated Friday morning.
The guys had their turn.
The girls stole the show
We got some fun bridal party pictures
We took care of the formal portraits.
We took pictures with the kiddos.
We spent time hanging out waiting for the ceremony to start.
The grandparents and parents were seated.
It was finally time for the processional.
A step back to the playing of the slideshow.
The ceremony started. (Part 1)
The ceremony continued. (Part 2)
The ceremony ended. (Part 3)
We had a little fun with our recessional
I shared our ceremony details
We made our grand exit.
And then made our grand entrance!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely wedding, great pictures and loved reading what each person said in their toast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound like they were lovely toasts! I really wished we'd had a pro videographer too, just for the toasts. I really wish I could remember exactly what was said!

    Can't wait to see your cake cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Everything is lovely! What sweet toasts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...