Thursday, January 14, 2010

Is That My Dress?

If your name starts with D and ends with -avid, you should go ahead and stop reading right about now. Love you!



I absolutely love finding weddings where the bride wore my dress. I absolutely love my dress, but I second guess myself after making decisions, and my dress choice is no different. For some reason, seeing other brides wearing it always reassures me that I made the right choice. Just look at these!






I love that she hugged her dad on the way out!


I wasn't worried about being able to dance in it (since I danced around in the store to make sure), but if I had been, these pictures would've definitely calmed my fears!



This bride is actually one of my friend's best friend. She rocked my/her/our dress:


This makes me so excited for my dress shot!









And they even did a day after shoot.. More gorgeous pictures!







Do you enjoy finding pictures of other brides in your dress? Or does it bother you to see someone else wearing your dream dress?

7 comments:

  1. I love it... because honestly the dress on real people look SO different then on the model! That's what I love about the Maggie Sottero website... you can click "testimonials" under any dress and see real girls wearing that dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually LOVE seeing people in my dress. I know it really bothers some girls and I just don't get that. I've seen 2 other brides in my dress and it makes me so excited to wear it! Oh, and your dress is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't found anyone who wore my dress :( but I would love to see some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am exactly like you...I started questioning my dress choice and had fallen out of love with it. But then like Laura K I went to Maggie's site and found lots of pics of 'real' brides wearing my gown. I took them with me to my fitting the other night and told my seamstress to 'fix it.' She did! I am blogging about it on Monday and Tuesday...and I am again excited about my dress :) Those photos are so great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly how you feel! I picked out my dress last spring, but I haven't seen any brides in it, and I know it would make me feel better about my choice! I found it on the Maggie Sottero site (mine's "Mia"), but I'd love to see a whole wedding of photos like you've found!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! I too am concerned because I'm the only person that I can find with my dress on (it's a fall 2009/spring 2010 line). i adore that ruched beauty and keep looking at the pictures of me in it and overanalyzing it lol!!

    ***beauty, love, frugality
    mochafrugalista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dress is beautiful! I know I'll never find another person wearing a dress exactly like mine, because I'm designing and sewing my own dress! I'm quite excited about it...and a little, just a little, nervous...and hope it will turn out okay because I want to be so proud wearing my own creation to my big event.

    -Sophia-
    mareeyah.com/geniusbride

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...