Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Odds & Ends

I have a bunch of random things I want to share, but none of them are really worthy of their own post. First, I know a couple ladies said they were going to check out Hobby Lobby for the mums - I tried to pick up more yesterday, but they were out of the white ones (although they had gorgeous purple, burgundy, and yellow ones) so I had to have one of the sales associates give me a rain check so I'll be able to get them for 50% off. She said the fact that they didn't get any in their shipment on Monday means they're on back order, so be sure to pick up as many as you think you'll need! Also, while you're there you might want to check out the bridal aisle - Everything is 50% off! I picked up a 13" glass cake stand for $7! I think I'm going to embellish it with some ribbon around the stand part, but if I end up not liking it I can always return it. I also got our cake serving set for $5. I really didn't care what they looked like, but I like the set I got fairly well and I'll probably be adding some ribbon to them as well. And lastly, I got us those bride and groom flip flops that leave imprints that say "Just Married" in the sand! I'm SO excited for some cheesy pictures with them on our honeymoon! :) They were only $2.99 each - Not too bad!



Another project I finished while my mom was in town was the memorial candles. They're officially complete! :) I love how they turned out. We're going to put them on the table with the card box, next to the framed black and white wedding pictures of our parents and our grandparents. I'm so excited to see how it looks.



Lastly, I'm supposed to be getting the CD of our edited engagement pictures tomorrow, so I'll be posting soon about that! While I was home last weekend I got to see some of the ones she'd edited and I LOVED them. And she let me borrow her editing software CD so I'm going to load it onto my computer. I'd love to learn/do more with photography eventually (in all my free time!). It's always been an interest of mine!

I told you it would be a random update, but all things I wanted to share! Especially the deals at Hobby Lobby - Those prices are hard to beat! Have you found any deals lately on wedding decor or supplies for DIY projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...