Monday, September 7, 2009

Engagement Pics Teaser!

The weather on the Saturday that we took our first set of engagement pictures was absolutely perfect. Unfortunately, that was about the only thing that worked in our favor. We planned to take pictures before tailgating, and David thought it would be smarter to start at the park (father from campus) and then move to campus since we'd be tailgating near there afterward.

We took some great pictures at the park and then drove up to campus, which is where our plan went downhill. First, there was a car parked RIGHT in front of the awesome garage/wall location I blogged about. So, we decided to try to get closer to the campanile and just get the pictures there taken care of. Unfortunately there was NO parking within a mile of the campanile and there were lots of people walking around - Not a great combination for a photo shoot. We ended up not getting any pictures at the campanile, which was really disappointing. That was the one location I REALLY wanted pictures at - It's so significant to us, since we've both been KU fans our entire lives and it's where he asked me to be his wife almost exactly 5 months earlier. I had tears in my eyes, but there was really nothing we could do about it. I realized trying to take pictures on campus on game day (even if it was 4 hours before the game) wasn't a good idea. We decided to try to figure out another time we could take them, preferably after the leaves had changed.

Anyway, on to the important part... The pictures! L hadn't done any post processing work on the two pictures she showed me, so I edited them. I'm posting both the pictures she sent me and the edits I made so my picture editing skills don't reflect poorly on her great photography!

The first teaser from L:



And with my edits:




The second teaser:



And again with my edits:



I think the green outfits worked well, especially with how green the park was. What do you think?

Did your engagement shoot end up not going according to plan? What did you do about it?

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...