Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fit for a Princess!

I mentioned the outfits for my flower girls in my shoes post, and I finally found the picture to share with you. I knew I wanted something other than the typical white flower girl dress (although they'd look precious in those, too!) so I started looking around online for alternatives. I have no idea how I stumbled across these, as I don't think I was even looking on Etsy, but I loved them! This particular tutu has been taken off of her site for now because her turnover is slower than she'd like, but I messaged her about them and she said she's always more than willing to do custom orders.


source

How cute is that?! I think the black and pink tutu is a little too much, but the tutus are all custom, so I can change the color. I'm not sure whether I'd like all black or all white more, but I'm leaning more towards white. Or maybe all light pink? You can also customize the length of the tutu, so I'd be asking her to make them longer than what's shown. The length would be more like this:


source

I had to use that picture - Did you notice what shoes the little girl is wearing?! Perfect! The color would be only one shade, though. Actually, as I was just looking at it, I kind of like that exact tutu and we could just find a top to match (probably white or black). Maybe it's the damask that's too overwhelming in the first option. I think I was drawn to the damask in the first place, but now I'm thinking it might be too much for a flower girl. (How fun would it be for playing dress up, though?!)

Then Miss Frozen Yogurt on Weddingbee posted about the petticoats her flower girls will be wearing. My mom had also told me about a cute petticoat outfit she'd seen a few days before I read the post about them. They are so adorable:


source

I feel like $70 is a bit much for petticoats, though. And that doesn't even include the top. Maybe we could DIY these? I found a tutorial here and I'm sure there are others.

Both of my flower girls are so excited to get to wear tutus (although I'm sure a petticoat would be close enough!) and ballet slippers! We talk about it every time I see them now. I'm excited too - They'll look like little fairy princesses! I do love the flower on the skirt of the first tutu, and if we go with those I'd like them to wear something that coordinates in their hair. Actually, I'd like them to wear something in their hair regardless. I found these ADORABLE headbands, but my younger flower girl is NOT a big fan of wearing things on her head for extended periods of time. They're precious, though:


source


source

The same seller also makes these smaller flower bands that can be worn as a bracelet or as a hair band:


source

I'm debating about DIYing flower hair clips for them, like these:


source

Ahh, there are too many cute choices for little girls! So, I'm turning to you guys - Which option do you think is cuter? I think I've changed my mind about 4 times just in the time it took me to write this post. As of now, I'm leaning more towards the second tutu option. Any opinions/suggestions are welcome!

1 comment:

  1. I think the tutus are an adorable idea - the pink one is really cute, and you could pair it with a white top if you want multiple colors. I think black and pink is a bit too adult for flower girls (it does look nice in the pic though).

    I think the flower hair bands are great too - if you use headbands or clips, the girls might not last too long before taking them off!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...