Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Babe!

In honor of David's (21st!) birthday today, I thought I'd share some of the pictures from his previous birthdays. I can't believe this is the 6th birthday of his that we'll celebrate together. Where has the time gone?! I also can't believe that we'll be celebrating his next birthday as a married couple! Check out how much we've changed though the years:


I can't find a picture of David's 16th birthday, so this is from my 16th birthday


17th Birthday


18th Birthday


19th Birthday


We didn't get to see each other on his 20th birthday, but this is 5 days before it
(Have I mentioned how much long distance relationships suck?)


And this is us last weekend! He's coming up tomorrow to celebrate his birthday, so I don't have a 21st birthday picture yet. 

It's fun to see how much we've changed and how we've grown up together. And I love that, some day, we'll be able to show our kids pictures of all of the memories we've made with each other. This may be cliche, but it's like that quote (that a few people sent to me through a Facebook Bumper Sticker): "When I'm older, and my daughter asks me who my first love was, I don't want to have to pull out the old photo album. I want to be able to point across the room and say, 'He's sitting right over there.'"

David, I love you more than I could ever put into words. You're my closest friend, my true companion, and my first (and last!) love. I can't picture my life without you, nor would I ever want to. I'm so excited to spend the rest of my life with you, sharing thousands more memories. Thanks for making me the luckiest girl in the world. Happy 21st Birthday! Can't wait to see you tomorrow! Forever and ever, babe.

5 comments:

  1. OMG... this is so adorbs!!!!!!! I love it! I love that you take pictures on birthdays... we haven't done that and I WISH we did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the pics! Happy Birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Memories! You both were so cute then and even cuter(but more mature looking) now! So many people have loved watching you grow up together and look forward to seeing you as husband and wife. We love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute pics! I was looking for old ones of my FI and I earlier today and could only find one as old as 7 months after we started dating. You are so lucky to have all those to look back on. Tell you FI happy birthday from all your internet readers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the dedicated post, babe! I love looking back at all the time we have spent together! Hard to believe it has been this many years, but they say time flies when you are having fun! I love you and cannot wait to see you tomorrow.

    P.S. Like what you've done with the place! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...