Monday, October 19, 2009

Pretty Paper Lanterns

I apologize for my lack of posting over the last few days. I was able to enjoy a (much needed!) break at home, but wasn't able to blog much. I've got lots to share this week, though!

I went through a lot of the decor I've been storing in Wichita, and remembered that I hadn't yet blogged about using paper lanterns. I know they've become really popular, but I jut love how they look - They're the perfect mix of fun and classy. And they make such a statement when grouped together. I'm using this picture as my inspiration:


source

We'll be grouping our's over the dance floor, which will work perfectly since there's already something to hang them from:



I found our paper lanterns at Michaels this summer. They had 8" and 12" sizes and they came in a variety of colors, including hot pink and white! I bought 28 of them for under $35 with tax by using a 25% off your total purchase coupon and by buying some of them after they were on clearance.


One of the 12" lanterns

Considering the impact I think they'll have, that's a great price! We'll just be using fishing wire to hang them, which is also inexpensive, and I think I'll be able to resell them to another bride after the wedding to recoup some of the cost. This is my kind of project! Hardly any work, big impact, and low cost - Awesome!

Are you using paper lanterns? Or do you have other plans for reception decor?

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I love it! It sounds like you got a great deal....God bless Micheal's and their coupons! Ryan and I got a box of 12 candles in glass holders for $5.14 with a 40% off coupon...we plan on buying boxes as we get coupons until we amass enough. Anyway, I agree, this project will be really high impact and low maintenance...the best kinds of project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture. Can't wait to see how yours will be! Great job on the bargain hunting too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are great! I was feeling uber-crafty this weekend! Check out my posts and tuts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...